Long Essay on Lockdown in English 800 Words
This long essay on lockdown in English is suitable for students of classes 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10, 11, 12, and also for competitive exam aspirants.
Lockdown essay in English – Lockdown is a term that exploded collectively around the world in the year 2020. With the widespread attack of an invisible virus, known as the Novel Coronavirus, the entire world was devastated by the Pandemic of this virus. It occurs during a wide variety of emergencies and it disrupts normal life.
Many words became popular after the arrival of Coronavirus, the term “lockdown” being one of them. Lockdown is a period of time when people have to stay home and are only allowed to travel in an emergency. During this period everything is closed except for some essential services like hospitals, grocery stores, medical stores, etc.
Coronavirus has been considered the most contagious virus ever in the history of mankind. Its effects have become catastrophic within a short time. To prevent the spread of this Coronavirus in the country, our government has taken some drastic steps.
One of the most important measures implemented is a lockdown, where all businesses have been closed, all people have been confined to their homes and almost all professional, personal, and economic activities have come to a standstill.
The lockdown was announced and enforced on the 25th of March, 2020. It has been extended, in phases, to continue till mid-June. The government has issued advisories to all the citizens to practice social distancing and stay at home. The purpose of the lockdown is to prevent community transmission of this deadly virus so that the chain of transmission can be broken.
Each and every person faced many difficulties during this period but for the daily wagers, it was much more difficult. Work from home, online education, online business were some of the options during this period, and the Indian government also helped the people a lot.
Online Education during Lockdown
For the first time, schools in India have moved to online classes. It is a struggle for the teacher as well as the students. School students, children, and their parents felt the impact to close schools and educational institutions.
The lockdown situation prompted people to learn and use digital technology and as a result, increased digital literacy.
The teaching material is easily shared among the students and the doubt questions are solved on Telegram, WhatsApp, E-mail, and various social media. Students need to learn digital skills for their own sake and improve the quality of education as well as changes in syllabus, textbooks, teacher training, examination systems, but at the very least, the quality of online education must also improve needed.
Advantages of Lockdown
Due to the lockdown, on the one hand, while people have been forced to remain imprisoned in the house, on the other hand, many big benefits are also being seen. Some important benefits of essay on lockdown:-
- Rapidly spreading Coronavirus has been controlled by applying Lockdown.
- Due to the lockdown, the movement of vehicles has reduced very much, factories have been closed, and the air of the cities has started to clear due to the rein in such activities.
- The impact of the lockdown is also being seen on global warming. In early April, scientists showed a hole of 1,000,000 square kilometers in the ozone layer above the North Pole. According to NASA, it has started filling these holes now.
- Earth’s vibration has been reduced by 30 to 50 percent due to less traffic, machines, and noise pollution.
- Due to Coronavirus, there has been a change in the cleanliness habits of the people. People are being more vigilant. Due to the lockdown, more time is also available for cleaning the house.
- People are learning to live in limited resources and insist on being self-sufficient (or Aatmnirbhar) in the future so that they can produce themselves.
- In this lockdown period, we have got a lot of time for self-development and self-awareness.
- Most people in Lockdown are cooking at home and eating the same. Health will also be good due to good food.
Disadvantage of Lockdown
Some important disadvantages of essay on Lockdown:-
- Many migrant laborers got trapped in different cities and they could not return to their homes due to which they had to face many difficulties.
- Many industries like agriculture, education, entertainment are suffering. It has negatively impacted the world economy.
- Unemployment has increased rapidly due to lockdown. Because of this many people have lost their jobs.
- All schools and colleges were closed due to the lockdown, due to which the students were not able to study well.
The lockdown was imposed due to Coronavirus in March 2020 last year. The same situation is being seen again. Again in April 2021, Coronavirus is spreading rapidly due to which lockdown is being imposed in all the states one by one.
In view of this spreading Coronavirus, the CBSE board cancelled the class 10 examination and postponed the class 12 examination.
Lockdown is something that affects people from all backgrounds and especially the daily wagers. Some of the main problems during a lockdown are employment, poverty, and starvation.
Overall, we should keep in mind that lockdowns are only imposed for our welfare, so it is always our duty to follow the rules of lockdown.
Also Read –
- Essay on New Education Policy 2020
- Essay on Article 370
- Essay on Farm Bill 2020
- Essay on Narendra Modi
- Essay on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Essay on Independence Day 2021
I hope you like this post “ Essay on Lockdown in English“. If you want to give any suggestions then comment below. Share this essay with your friends.
My name is Mukesh Kumar. I am a Teacher, Blogger, and Founder of CBSE Digital Education. CBSE Digital Education is an online learning platform for both Students and Teachers. This blog website provides authentic information regarding CBSE News, CBSE Teacher Training, Academic Notes, Essays, etc.