Long Essay on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in English 500 Words
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (also called Clean India Campaign) is one of its kind in the history of India led by Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi on a perfect day of Gandhi Jayanti. On 2 October 2014, Shri Narendra Modi launched this nationwide campaign that aims to clean up the country in the next five years. Prime Minister Narendra Modi believes that Gandhiji not only fought for independence but also for a clean country.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a national-level campaign run by the Indian government to make India clean. The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is operated by the ministry of drinking water and sanitation in rural areas while the ministry of housing and urban affairs in urban areas.
The Swachh Bharat Abhiyan has been started by the thoughts of Mahatma Gandhi because Gandhiji had dreamed before independence that our country should also be clean like foreign countries but due to some reason the dream could not be fulfilled.
Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, along with his cabinet swept the streets of the capital with the broom and exhorted people to fulfill Mahatma Gandhi’s dream of clean India.
Aim of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Through the campaign, PM Narendra Modi has emphasized that the work of cleaning India cannot be done by one person or government functionaries alone, rather it is a job that is to be executed by the 125 crore people who are the sons and daughters of Mother India. Prime Minister Modiji urged people to realize their duty as responsible citizens towards keeping their country clean and not litter on the streets.
That they join this campaign “Swachh Bharat Abhiyan” and clean up the areas around them. In order to make this campaign a success, he has selected 9 important and effective people (Sachin Tendulkar, Mridula Sinha, Baba Ramdev, Anil Ambani, Shashi Tharoor, Kamal Hasan, Priyanka Chopra, and the team of Tarak Mehta ka Ooltah Chashmah) of the country to spread the propaganda.
Some of them are cricketers, some filmmakers, and some great people who they like to listen to and listen to their words. Narendra Modi said that every person has to add 9 people to this campaign and then the second person will also add 9 people.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi aims to fulfill the dream of clean India by the year 2019, the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
Conclusion of Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
Clean India Mission can inevitably boost international tourism thereby adding to the country’s growth. The campaign has just started, for its success every citizen has to put in efforts. Only then our nation can become a world-class country such as European countries.
No matter how successfully our economy booms, if the country does not clean at the ground level, the citation of being a developed nation will also not yield results.
Narendra Modi maintains Indians can do it. If Indians can reach Mars with maximum expense then they can even clean their nation.
10 line essay on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was launched by Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2nd October 2014 on the 145th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a national-level campaign run by the government to make India clean.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is also called Clean India Mission.
- The multi-step campaign, the Clean India Mission or Swachh Bharat Abhiyan has successfully garnered the support of many famous personalities like Sachin Tendulkar, Anil Ambani, Priyanka Chopra, and many others.
- Gandhiji said, “sanitation is more important than independence”.
- These words of Gandhiji laid the foundation for the clean India Mission.
- Mahatma Gandhi not only fought for freedom but also for a clean country.
- The campaign was launched by Prime Minister himself by cleaning the roads in Delhi.
- The campaign aims to cover 4041 statutory towns to clean the streets, roads, and infrastructure of the country.
- Modi aims to fulfill the dream of the clean India Mission by the year 2019, the 150th birth anniversary of Gandhiji.
Some other important Essay List
- Essay on Mahatma Gandhi
- Essay on Independence Day
- Essay on Jawaharlal Nehru
- Essay on Raksha Bandhan
- Essay on Internet
I hope you like this article essay on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan in English. If you want to give any suggestions then comment below. Share this Swachh Bharat Abhiyan Essay with your friends.
My name is Mukesh Kumar. I am a Teacher, Blogger, and Founder of CBSE Digital Education. CBSE Digital Education is an online learning platform for both Students and Teachers. This blog website provides authentic information regarding CBSE News, CBSE Teacher Training, Academic Notes, Essays, etc.