JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2023 has been released on the JEE Advanced official website at jeeadv.ac.in. Aspirants must satisfy the eligibility criteria conditions and requirements to appear for JEE Advanced Exam 2023. The JEE Advanced officials have informed that the aspirants who applied for JEE Advanced 2021/2022 but did not appear in the exam are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2023.
JEE Advanced Entrance Examination is a national-level entrance exam through which candidates get admission in various NITs, IITs, and CFTIs in courses like B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Plan, and B.E. JEE Advanced 2023 Application Form will be available online on the JEE Advanced or NTA official website.
Read the article till the end for complete details about JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2023. Students also bookmark this article for the latest updates regarding JEE Advanced 2023 Exam. Aspirants also visit the official website for more information regarding JEE Advanced Exam 2023.
JEE Advanced 2023 Eligibility Criteria
All the applicants of JEE Entrance Exam are advised to check all the eligibility criteria of JEE Advanced 2023 before filling out the application form to know whether they are eligible for admission or not. Applicants have to fulfill the JEE Advanced eligibility related to age, the number of attempts, qualifying exam marks, and more. Check this complete article to know all the eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2023 Examination.
Criterion 1: Performance in JEE Main 2023
Applicants must have compulsorily qualified for JEE Main 2023 (Paper 1). They also need to be among the top 2.5 Lakh aspirants. The categories will be divided as the below details:
|PwD||5% horizontal reservation in all of the above.|
|Join Telegram for Latest Updates||Join Now|
Category-wise Distribution of Top 2,50,000* JEE Main Applicants
The given below table shows the sequence to be followed while selecting the top 2,50,000 aspirants in various categories on the basis of their performance in BE/B.Tech. JEE (Main) 2023 Paper.
|Category||Number of Top Aspirants||Total Candidates|
JEE Advanced 2023 Age Limit
Applicants of JEE Advanced must be born on or after October 1, 1997. A relaxation of five years is given to SC, ST, and PWD category candidates i.e. these aspirants must have been born on or after October 1, 1992.
JEE Advanced Number of Attempts Eligibility Criteria
Applicants can attempt JEE Advanced a maximum of two times in two consecutive years. IITG has informed that candidates who had filled JEE Advanced 2023/2024 application form but did not appear in the exam can also appear for JEE Advanced 2023.
Also Read: JEE Advanced Syllabus 2023
Also Read: JEE Advanced Examination 2023 Latest News
JEE Advanced 2023 Eligibility Based on Class 12th Board Exams or Other Equivalent Exams
- Before appearing for JEE Advanced 2023 exam, students must have cleared their class 12th board exam or any other equivalent exam. For JEE Advanced 2023, students who appeared in the class 12th examination or other equivalent examinations in or before 2020 are not eligible to appear for JEE Advanced examination.
- If an applicant appears twice in the class 12th board exam, then his/her best performance out of the two results will be considered for JEE Advanced 2023 exam.
- NTA (National Testing Agency) considers the given five subjects to calculate the cut-off marks for class 12th board exams. These five subjects are Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Optional Language, and Optional Subject.
- If the aggregate marks obtained in any of the subjects mentioned above are not out of 100, then while computing the aggregate percentage, the total aggregate marks scored will be scaled up and down to 100.
- If the class 12th examination board declares the result late, then the applicants are eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced 2023 exam after meeting all the criteria of JEE Advanced 2023.
- If the class 12th board result of the applicant is withheld by the concerned examination body, then the applicant will not be allowed to appear in the JEE Advanced 2023 exam.
Documents required for Registration
- Birth certificate for age proof
- Class XII passing certificate
- Identity proof
- Citizenship certificate/Foreign Passport/OCI/PIO Card where applicable
- Testimonials where applicable
JEE Advanced 2023 Eligibility for Foreign Students
There is a different set of JEE Advanced 2023 eligibility criteria for candidates who are foreign nationals. Applicants who are not citizens of India or whose parents are not of Indian origin are considered foreign citizens. Additionally, those applicants who do not belong to the OCI/PIO category have also been included in the category of foreign nationals.
- No reservation is provided to foreign nationals under any category as directed by the Government of India.
- Foreign nationals must have completed their 10+2 level of education at the time of applying for JEE Advanced 2023 exam.
- Foreign nationals studying in India and completing their class 12th board with the required percentage will appear for the JEE Advanced entrance examination under the open category.
- Foreign nationals will have to provide identity proof of both their parents.
- Foreign applicants get a total of 10% of the total seats in the JEE Advanced course.
- Birth Certificate for Age Proof.
- Citizenship Certificate/ Passport.
- Identity Proof.
- Class 12 mark sheet or any equivalent.
- Testimonial, if required.
Foreign Centres for JEE Advanced 2023
- Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Dubai (UAE)
- Kathmandu (Nepal)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is the eligibility for JEE Advanced?
Answer: Those Applicants who are among the top 2,50,000 successful applicants in the JEE Main exam are eligible to appear in the JEE Advanced exam. More details are given above.
2. Has 75% Criteria Been Dropped From JEE Advanced 2023?
Answer: Recently National Testing Agency (NTA) released a notification regarding JEE Main 2023 on its official website. According to the latest notification, NTA (National Testing Agency) has removed the 75% marks criteria from the minimum eligibility percentage criteria.
3. Who can give the JEE exam in 2023?
Answer: Those Applicants must have passed class 12th or any other equivalent qualifying examination in 2020, 2021, or appearing in 2023. There is no age limit. Applicants must have qualified in 5 subjects.
4. Is it mandatory to appear for JEE Main to take JEE Advanced?
Answer: Yes, the applicants who want to appear for JEE Advanced must appear in the JEE Main exam to be among the top 2,50,000 successful aspirants.
5. Can droppers give JEE Advanced 2023?
Answer: Yes, you can appear in JEE Advanced after a double drop but before that, you have to clear JEE Mains.
6. How many marks are required to qualify for JEE Advanced?
Answer: The expected JEE Main exam cutoff for the year 2023 for general categories was around 70 to 75 marks. Aspirants are required to score the mentioned marks to be eligible to get seats on the basis of JEE Advanced 2023.
We hope you like this article about JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2023. If you want to ask any queries regarding the JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2023 then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon. Share this article with your Friends, Teachers, and Parents.