CBSE Honour for Excellence in Teaching and School Leadership 2021-22: The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) honors outstanding teachers and principals of their affiliated schools every year on Teachers’ Day i.e. 5th September to recognize their exemplary contribution to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning. This is done to motivate and encourage the teaching fraternity of CBSE-affiliated schools.
Each honor consists of a Certificate of Merit and a cash prize of ₹50,000.
Category of Honours
Awards in various categories have been initiated to honor outstanding teachers and principals. The number of honors in each category is given in Annexure ‘A’. The downloadable link to Annexure A is given below.
CBSE Honour for Excellence in Teaching and School Leadership Overview
|Topic||CBSE Honour for Excellence in Teaching and School Leadership|
|Application Starts||1 June 2022|
|Application Ends||20 June 2022|
|Rewards||Rs 50000 and Certificate|
|Beneficiaries||Teachers and Principals|
|Post Type||CBSE Teacher Awards 2022|
Eligibility of CBSE Honour for Excellence in Teaching and School Leadership 2022
- All teachers presently working with private schools affiliated with CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) who have completed at least 10 years of regular service as a teacher in a school affiliated with CBSE or any other recognized Board of School Education as of 31st March 2022, may apply.
- All Principals of private schools affiliated with CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) who have completed 10 years of regular service as a teacher as of 31 March 2022 and 5 years of service as Principal in schools affiliated with CBSE can apply.
- Teachers/Principals retiring on or after 31st March 2022 can also apply if they fulfill all other conditions.
- Teachers/principals who have already received CBSE honors can apply for the National Award to Teachers by the Ministry of Education if they are still eligible.
- Headmasters/Principals cannot apply in the category of teachers.
- An applicant/candidate can apply under only one category.
A number of top scorers equal to 04 times the number of honors in each category from the final merit list will be shortlisted on the basis of common criteria. For deciding the merit of Inter, the following criteria will be used:
- Experience in related field
- Higher Qualification
- Percentage in Educational Qualification
In case of a tie after applying the above criteria, CBSE reserves the right to fix alternate criteria for finalization of merit.
Shortlisted applicants will be given two days to upload their attested documents. All applicants are advised to keep their documents ready in uploadable form. All documents should be signed by the applicant and countersigned/attested by the Head of the School in the case of the Teacher and by the chairman/Manager of the School in the case of the Principal.
Also Read: International Yoga Day 2022
The documents of the shortlisted applicants will be scrutinized by the National Level Screening Committee. The committee will prepare a category-wise merit list of shortlisted applicants on the basis of marks obtained by them in general and specific criteria.
Shortlisted applicants/participants will be invited for an interactive session with the National Level Screening Committee.
Also Read: CBSE CTET July 2022 Application
The final recipients will be selected by the committee and the awards will be announced online on the CBSE Portal.
The names of the top 6 scorers will be sent to the Ministry of Education, Govt. Government of India for National Award to Teachers.
All school heads are requested to disseminate the information widely to all concerned teachers. It is reiterated that the desired complete information may be uploaded on the portal on or before the last date. For any query or clarification, please mail to cbseteachershonours22[at]gmail.com.
Click the above link to download the official notification and read all other important information regarding CBSE Honour for Excellence in Teaching and School Leadership 2021-22. If you have any queries related to this article, then comment below in the comment section.