The PM Yoga awards are proposed to be given every year for exemplary contributions in the field of Yoga towards the development and propagation of Yoga. It has been proposed that the contribution be recognized at both the national and international levels.
This Prime Minister Yoga award will be given every year on the occasion of the “International Day of Yoga (IDY)” (21st June). June 21 has been declared by the United Nations General Assembly as IDY, commonly known as Yoga Day.
- 1 Category of PM Yoga Awards 2023
- 2 PM Yoga Awards 2023 Highlights
- 3 PM Yoga Award 2023 Details
- 4 Prime Minister Yoga Awards 2023 Eligibility
- 5 How to Apply for PM Yoga Award 2023?
- 6 Evaluation Criteria for Yoga Awards 2023
- 7 Evaluation Guidelines for Yoga Awards 2023
- 8 T&C of PM Yoga Awards 2023
- 9 Evaluation Committee (Jury) for Yoga Awards 2023
- 10 Screening Committee for PM Yoga Awards 2023
Category of PM Yoga Awards 2023
The PM Yoga awards will be given in two categories – National and International. The awards will be given to institutions that have an impeccable track record and outstanding contributions to the promotion and development of Yoga.
In a particular year, the Jury may decide to distribute awards to one or more individuals/organizations or none. An entity in PM Yoga Awards that has received an award once cannot be considered again for an award in the same category.
National: Two National Awards will be awarded to institutions of Indian origin for their contribution to the promotion and development of Yoga.
Also Read: International Yoda Day
International: Two International Awards will be distributed to organizations of Indian or foreign origin for their contribution to the promotion and development of Yoga across the world.
PM Yoga Awards 2023 Highlights
|Award Name||PM Yoga Awards 2023|
|Announced By||Narendra Modi|
|Application Form Starts||1 March 2023|
|Application Form Ends||31 March 2023|
|Awards Given On||21 June 2023 (On Yoga Day)|
|Join Telegram for Latest Updates||Join Now|
PM Yoga Award 2023 Details
- The names of the winners will be announced on the 9th edition of International Yoga Day (21 June 2023).
- The winners will be awarded by way of a trophy, certificate, and cash prize.
- The felicitation ceremony will coincide with the International Yoga Conference.
- The value of each cash prize for the PM Yoga Awards will be Rs. 25 lakhs.
- In the case of joint winners, the prizes/awards will be divided among the winners.
Prime Minister Yoga Awards 2023 Eligibility
The objective of the yoga Awards is to recognize those institutions which have made significant and outstanding contributions to the promotion and development of Yoga.
In this regard, the applicants/nominees for these Prime Minister Yoga awards should have rich experience and a deep understanding of Yoga.
The minimum eligible age of the applicant/nominee is 40 years under the individual categories for both national and international.
Minimum 20 (twenty) years of service with an impeccable track record and outstanding contribution to the promotion and development of the field of Yoga.
How to Apply for PM Yoga Award 2023?
An application, complete in all respects, may be made directly by the applicant or they may be nominated by a premier yoga organization for consideration under this award process.
Application is open to all those entities who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned in section 4 of these guidelines. Applications/Nominations can be submitted through the official MyGov platform only. The direct link for this will also be available on the website of the Ministry of AYUSH and the National Awards Portal.
An applicant/participant can be nominated/nominated for only one award category that is either National Award or International Award in a particular year.
- Applicants first visit the official website of MyGov or click this “Participate Now” link.
- Select Participating As Applicant (Self) or Nominator (Other).
- After selecting the above criteria MyGov Portal will Open.
- Create MyGov Account or Login in MyGov Account.
- Enter all required Credentials asked in the form.
- After entering all details then click on the “submit” button.
Evaluation Criteria for Yoga Awards 2023
- Contribution to the body of knowledge.
- Contribution to the promotion of Yoga among the masses as a means for mental, physical, and spiritual health.
- Impact on society by way of strengthening ethical and spiritual values.
Evaluation Guidelines for Yoga Awards 2023
- The Jury will be the supreme adjudicating body for both categories of awards.
- The jury has the right to nominate any applicant.
- While making the evaluation, the period for which an applicant has demonstrated the above parameters will be an important criterion.
- Any Juror shall be disqualified to serve on the Jury if his/her near relative is being associated with a particular applicant and the Juror shall have the right to recuse himself/herself from the process.
- Jury members of Yoga Awards shall maintain strict confidentiality regarding the deliberations of the meetings.
- Jury members will be distributed a copy of the eligibility documents submitted by the applicant(s).
- All the meetings of the Jury members will be held in New Delhi.
- Each meeting of the Jury shall be recorded and the minutes shall be signed by all the members of the Jury.
- In case the Jury member is unable to attend the meeting, he/she may convey his/her preference in writing.
- The Chairman of the Jury may seek the advice of experts in particular fields, whenever necessary.
- The decision of the Jury will be final and binding and no appeal or correspondence will be entertained in respect of their decision.
- The jury of PM Yoga Awards may decide its own procedure for finalizing the awards each year.
T&C of PM Yoga Awards 2023
A participant will be disqualified for life if it is found that he/she has influenced any member of the Jury by writing letters, sending emails, making telephone calls, personally contacting or any other similar activity in this regard is doing. This disqualification would imply that the work of such ineligible persons would not be eligible for consideration for these awards.
The applicant may also be disqualified for a period of three years if any information provided by the applicant is found to be false, incorrect, or false in any manner.
The information provided by the participant will be treated as confidential and will be used only for the purposes of determining their eligibility.
While furnishing specific information in the entry form, the organization must ensure that the complete postal address, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and fax number (if any) are duly filled. The Ministry may seek clarification on the documents submitted.
The start date for receiving applications for the PM Yoga Awards will be 1st March 2023 and the last date for submission of entries will be one month after the start date. The Ministry reserves the right to reject any entry received for the Yoga Awards after the last date of submission.
Grievances, if any, shall be addressed by the Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India (GoI), whose decision in the matter shall be final and binding.
Evaluation Committee (Jury) for Yoga Awards 2023
The Evaluation Committee (Jury) will consist of 7 members including a Chairman. The jury will consist of eminent personalities from various walks of life, who will be nominated by the Ministry of AYUSH every year. The Jury will consider the names suggested by the Screening Committee. It can also nominate suitable candidates on its own.
The Evaluation Committee (Jury) will consist of 4 official members as follows:
|Advisor to Prime Minister||Member|
|Ayush Secretary||Member Secretary|
Up to three non-official members may be nominated by the Cabinet Secretary as members of this Committee.
Screening Committee for PM Yoga Awards 2023
All the applications/nominations received will be screened by a Screening Committee which will be constituted by the Ministry of AYUSH every year. The Screening Committee will consist of 4 members including a Chairman.
- The Screening Committee will consider all the applications/nominations received by the Ministry.
- The Screening Committee will recommend a maximum of 50 names for each award – National and International.
The Screening Committee will consist of 3 official members:
A non-official member may be nominated by Secretary AYUSH as a member of this committee.