CBSE Board has released a new notification regarding the Angdaan Mahotsav 2023 Pledge (Indian Organ Donation Day 2023 on its official website of CBSE. We provide complete details about CBSE New Circular in this article. Participants are advised to read the complete article till the end for complete details regarding Angdaan Festival 2023.
To create awareness among the public about the importance of organ donation (or Angdaan Mahotsav), the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India (GoI) is celebrating India Organ Donation Day on 3rd August 2023. One organ donor can save eight lives. A large gap exists between patients who require organ transplants and available organ donors.
In this context, The Government of India (GoI) has established National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO), an apex organization, and similar organizations at regional and state levels to provide an efficient and organized system of organ procurement and distribution all over the country and to maintain a national registry of donors and recipients of organs and tissues.
NOTTO (National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization) celebrates ‘Indian Organ Donation Day’ (IODD) every year in our country to spread awareness about organ donation, dispel myths and misconceptions related to organ donation and motivate and encourage the citizens of the country to donate organs and tissues after death, as well as to imbibe the value of organ donation in their lives.
Present Year, it has been decided to celebrate 75 years of India’s independence and to organize an awareness campaign called ‘Organ Donation Festival’ on the lines of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav. As part of the campaign, August 3, 2023, will be observed as ‘Indian Organ Donation Day’ to commemorate the first deceased donor organ transplant, which was also the first heart transplant performed in the country after the promulgation of the ‘Human Organ Transplant Act’ Was. ‘ On 8 July 1994.
Objective of Angdaan Mahotsav 2023
- To reduce the demand for human organ transplants by promoting healthy lifestyle and wellness.
- To spread awareness about controlling illegal practices related to brain stem death, deceased organ donation, and organ transplantation.
- Dispelling myths and misconceptions related to organ donation and transplantation.
- Increasing identification and reporting of brain stem death cases by hospitals.
School Suggest Activities regarding Angdaan Mahotsav 2023
- To encourage registration of Pledges for organ and tissue donation on the official MyGov portal at https://pledge.mygov.in/organ-donation/
- Spreading awareness among students about organ donation.
- Various activities like posters, slogans, quiz competitions, etc. can be organized regarding organ and tissue donation.
All the schools affiliated with the board are requested to disseminate the above information among all the stakeholders and encourage maximum participation in the above activities.
We hope after reading this article, you will get some important information related to Angdaan Mahotsav 2023: Indian Organ Donation Day. If you want to ask any questions related to the Angdaan Mahotsav 2023: Indian Organ Donation Day then you must write in the comment section given below. I will try my best to answer it.