Happy 2023 Independence Day: India commemorates its Independence Day on August 15 each year. with immense enthusiasm and pride throughout the country. It is the anniversary of India’s independence from British dominion in 1947, following years of struggle and sacrifice. This day remembers not only the country’s independence but also those who gave their lives in the long run to achieve freedom.
People around the country commemorate Independence Day, and there is a well-known flag hoisting on this day. This page contains further information about Independence Day 2023, such as its history, significance, and celebration.
- 1 Overview of Happy Independence Day 2023
- 1.1 Independence Day 2023 Holiday
- 1.2 Independence Day 2023 Quotes and Greetings
- 1.3 India’s Independence History
- 1.4 Adoption of the National Anthem of India
- 1.5 Which is the First City to fly a Flag?
- 1.6 How will Independence Day 2023 be celebrated?
- 1.7 Interesting Facts About India’s Independence
- 1.8 FAQs on Independence Day 2023
Overview of Happy Independence Day 2023
|Events||Independence Day 2023|
|Date||15 August 2023|
|States||All Indian States|
|First Time Celebrated||15 August 1947|
|Related to||Republic Day|
|Join Telegram for Latest Updates||Join Now|
Independence Day 2023 Holiday
India commemorates its Independence Day on August 15 each year. It is a national holiday in India and, along with Republic Day and Gandhi Jayanti, is one of three gazetted holidays. On this day, all government offices, private offices, banks, and schools are closed.
There are a few exceptions, such as private offices that may remain open on this day according to corporate policies. However, most institutions honor this day by declaring it a holiday. The year 2023 will celebrate the 77th anniversary of independence from British sovereignty.
Independence Day 2023 Quotes and Greetings
On the occasion of Independence Day, people exchange patriotic words and greetings. Check out these 2023 Independence Day statements and greetings to send to friends and family.
- May the sun never shines in a place that is more beautiful, free, or joyful than ours. Happy Independence Day!
- Celebrate this day to the fullest and don’t forget to honor those who gave their lives defending our freedom. I’d want to wish you a happy Independence Day.
- Freedom of thought, belief in the spoken word, and pride in our lands. On this day, which is Independence Happy Day, let’s salute the country!
- Let’s make a promise to defend the integrity of our country on this Day. Happy Independence Day 2023!
- May you achieve all of your goals and fly high in the world of freedom. Happy Independence 2023.
- Salute to the selfless acts of our freedom warriors who brought India’s independence to fruition. I’d want to wish you a happy Independence Day.
- It is a time to both rejoice and pay tribute to those who struggled to make this possible. Happy Independence Day, everyone!
- To ensure our freedom, thousands of troops gave their lives. They have given us our independence.
India’s Independence History
After the rebellion of 1857, the East India Company gave up sovereignty to Queen Victoria in 1858, establishing British administration in India. The insurrection of 1857 was the first spark against foreign authority over Indian soil. Many campaigns were carried out by the country’s liberation fighters to achieve the country’s freedom as a result of this.
Also Read: Essay on Independence Day
Many efforts were initiated to achieve this freedom, including Mahatma Gandhi’s Non-Cooperation Movement, the Congress-led Quit India Movement, the Indian National Army movement led by Subhas Chandra Bose, and many more.
The British were obliged to declare India’s independence as a consequence of the united efforts of the country’s freedom fighters. However, before independence, the country was separated into two nations, known as India’s partition, and a new nation, Pakistan, was founded.
Adoption of the National Anthem of India
There was no official national anthem in India at the time of its independence. Rabindranath Tagore wrote the song Bharoto Bhagyo Bidhata in 1911; it was renamed Jan Gan Man and declared the national anthem of India by the Constituent Assembly on January 24, 1950.
Which is the First City to fly a Flag?
The first national flag of India was raised on August 7, 1906, in Kolkata’s Parsee Bagan Square (also known as Green Park). The Vande Mataram anthem was written on the central strip of the flag, which had three horizontal stripes (deep saffron at the top, white in the middle, and green at the bottom).
How will Independence Day 2023 be celebrated?
Indian Independence 2023 Day is widely commemorated throughout the country, with flags up in practically every business, school, and bank. Following the hoisting of the flag, the national anthem Jana Gana Mana is played, and marches are held in several localities. Institutions that are closed on this day celebrate the previous day’s Independence Day.
During the Day celebration, several cultural activities with patriotic themes are organized in schools and universities. On the occasion of this Day, it is also customary to decorate with tricolor balloons and distribute sweets.
The President of India delivers the “Address to the Nation” speech on the eve of Independence Day. The country’s Prime Minister hoists the national flag on the Red Fort in Delhi, followed by twenty-one gun rounds fired in commemoration of those who gave their lives to achieve and maintain the country’s freedom.
Interesting Facts About India’s Independence
Check out some intriguing facts about India’s freedom that you may not have known before.
- Lord Mountbatten, the country’s Viceroy and first Governor-General chose August 15 as India’s Independence Day.
- Pakistan gained independence one day earlier than India because the last Viceroy was required to attend both nations’ Independence Day ceremonies.
- Mahatma Gandhi was unable to attend the inaugural Independence Day celebrations in Delhi because he was in Bengal fighting to halt the Hindu-Muslim clashes.
- Following the declaration of Purna Swarajya at the Lahore session in 1929, the Indian National Congress declared January 26th as Independence Day.
- India kept King George VI as its head of state until the ratification of the Indian Constitution on January 26, 1950 (celebrated as Republic Day of India).
- When Pakistan was created from India, Bangladesh was a part of it and was known as East Pakistan.
- Apart from that, Bahrain, North Korea, South Korea, the Republic of Congo, and Liechtenstein celebrate their independence days on August 15.
FAQs on Independence Day 2023
Q 1: What day in 1947 did we achieve independence?
Ans: On 15th August 1947 we got Independence.
Q 2: In what ways do we celebrate Independence Day?
Ans: We celebrate this Day by raising our flag, singing the national anthem and other patriotic music, and listening to speeches from the Prime Minister and the President of India.
Q 3: Who was the first Prime Minister of India after Independence?
Ans: Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru was the first prime minister of India after we got our Independence.
Q 4: Who was the first President of India?
Ans: Rajendra Prasad was the first President of India after Independence.
Q 5: How many years of Indian independence day 2023?
Answer: 77 Years
We hope that after reading this article you must have got detailed information about Independence Day in India 2023. If you want to ask any queries regarding Independence 2023 Day then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon.