NEET Exam 2022 Important Updates: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate), NEET (UG), formerly the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), is an all-India pre-medical entrance test for aspirants who want to pursue undergraduate medical (MBBS), dental (BDS) and AYUSH (BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, etc.) courses in government and private institutions in India and also for those wishing to pursue primary medical qualification abroad.
The NEET 2022 Exam Date has been confirmed (as of now) at 17 July 2022. NTA (National Testing Agency) is yet to announce whether there will be any change in the current NEET-UG 2022 exam date or not. Aspirants are still demanding postponement of the NEET-UG 2022 Exam date using #NTAdeferNEETUG on social media Twitter. Students feel that the time to prepare for the toughest medical exam in the country is not enough.
The counseling process for NEET UG 2021 got delayed and the Stray Vacancy round ended in the last week of April 2022. Another major reason for postponing the NEET 2022 exam is the no gap between NEET 2022 exam and other major exams like CUET 2022 Exam and JEE Main 2022 Exam. In view of the ongoing demands, if NTA postpones NEET 2022, the new exam date will be confirmed on the official NEET NTA Website at neet.nta.nic.in.
Understanding NEET Exam
NEET Exam is the qualifying examination for MBBS, BDS, and other medical courses in India. It was earlier known as the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT). National Testing Agency (NTA) Authority is responsible for conducting the NEET Exam. Before NTA, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) used to conduct the NEET UG exam. The NEET Exam is conducted every year in May Month and offers 90,000 seats for medical and dental courses in India. An aspirant must have passed class 12th with Physics, Biology, and Chemistry as the main subjects.
|Article Type||NEET Exam 2022|
|Exam Level||Undergraduate Examination|
|Exam Frequency||Once a Year|
|Language||English, Hindi, Marathi, Odia, Kannada, |
Telugu, Bengali, Assamese
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Subject||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Total No. of Question||200 (Solve only 180 Questions)|
|NEET Application Form Date||6 April 2022|
|Last Date to Fill NEET Application||15 May 2022|
|NEET 2022 Correction Window Open||14 to 16 June 2022|
|NEET 2022 Admit Card Release Date||June 2022|
|NEET Exam Date 2022||17 July 2022|
|NEET 2022 Result Date||September 2022 (Expected)|
NEET 2022 Entrance Test is the only exam for aspirants who aspire to become a doctor. Students seeking admission in top colleges of India such as AIIMS, JIPMER, etc. will also have to appear for NEET Exam. No other examination is valid for admission to medical courses.
What is NEET Exam?
National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET), formerly the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT), is the qualifying examination for MBBS and BDS programs in Indian medical and dental colleges. It is organized by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Prior to NTA, which is an independent autonomous and self-sustaining premier testing organization, this exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The exam which offers 90,000 seats in MBBS and BDS colleges in India is conducted every year in the month of May.
Those Aspirants who want to study medical courses must have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology as compulsory subjects in class 10th and 12th and must have passed in these subjects. The aspirant has to show his passing certificate at the time of the counseling round. Mathematics marks are not considered in NEET-Undergraduate Examination (NEET-UG).
Apart from undergraduate courses, NTA also conducts NEET Post-Graduation (NEET-PG), an eligibility-cum-ranking test prescribed as a single entrance test for admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma courses.
NEET 2022 Application Fee
Neet Application Fee is Rs 1600 for General Category Candidates, Rs 1500 for General EWS/OBC-NCL, and Rs 900 for SC/ST/PwBD/ Third Gender. Candidates who are from outside India from any category, they will be charged Rs 8500 for NEET 2022 Application Form Fee.
|Category||In India Fee||Outside India Fee|
|General||Rs 1600||Rs 8500|
|General EWS/ OBC-NCL||Rs 1500||Rs 8500|
|SC/ST/PwBD/ Third Gender||Rs 1500||Rs 8500|
Who Can Apply for NEET-UG 2022?
Citizenship: Indian citizens and foreign nationals of India who want to pursue a UG medical course from a foreign medical or dental institute must also qualify for NEET UG.
Age: The candidate must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will have completed that age on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the first year of the undergraduate medical course. There is no upper age limit for NEET-UG 2022 Exam.
Qualification: Applicants who have passed 12th class or equivalent from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Biotechnology, and English as main subjects will be eligible for NEET 2022 Exam.
Students who will appear for class 12 or equivalent board examination this year are also eligible to apply for NEET-UG. To appear for NEET 2022, general category candidates must have secured the 50 percentile in class XII. However, there exists a relaxation in the minimum percentage for reserved category candidates.
Registration Link for NEET (UG) 2022?
- Visit the official website of NEET or click this Direct Link to Visit Registration Page.
- After clicking the above link, NEET Registration Page will open.
- Enter all details asked in the form.
- Upload important documents asked in the form.
- Pay NEET UG Application Fee.
- Click on the “Submit” button and download your registration form for further use.
How To Download NEET UG 2022 Admit Card?
- Visit the official website of NTA at nta.ac.in.
- Click on the NEET-UG link shown on the home page.
- Click on the “NEET (UG) Admit Card 2022” link.
- Enter your Application Number, Password, and Security Pin (showing on the screen).
- After entering all the details then click on the “Submit” button.
- Download or print Admit card for further use.
Details On NEET Admit Card 2022
After downloading the NEET 2022 admit card, aspirants need to check whether all the details are printed correctly or not. Check all the following details on your admit card
- Name of the Aspirants
- Name of students’ father
- Roll Number as allocated to the Aspirants
- Date of Birth (DOB)
- Gender of the Aspirants
- Category/Sub-category to which he/she belongs
- Language in which students opted to write the paper
- Details of exam center and schedule
- Candidate’s photograph and signature
- General instructions
Documents Required at NEET 2022 Exam
- NEET 2022 Admit Card
- One passport-size photograph
- PAN Card/Driving License/Voter ID/Passport/Aadhaar Card (with photograph) /Ration card/any other valid government ID
- PwD certificate issued by the competent authority if applicable
- Letter of the undertaking of own scribe if applicable
NEET 2022 Exam Pattern
The NEET Entrance Test will consist of 200 multiple choice questions (four options with one correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology). 50 questions in each subject will be divided into two sections which are Section A and Section B). The duration of the NEET 2022 Exam will be 200 Minutes (03 Hours 20 Minutes) from 02:00 PM to 05:20 PM (IST).
A total of about 543 cities in India and 14 cities outside India (Annexure-I) have been added for NEET (UG) – 2022. NEET 2022 Exam will be conducted in 13 languages such as English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu.
Instructions for NEET UG Exam 2022
- Candidates will be allowed to enter the examination center as per the date and time of examination mentioned on the admit card.
- If an aspirant is not able to download the admit card or faces any problem after downloading the NEET UG admit card, they should immediately contact the NTA officials.
- The gate of the neet exam center will be opened 2 hours before the start of the exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination if he/she reaches the examination center late or without the admit card.
- Before entering the examination hall, the neet candidate must leave all his/her electronic devices and text documents outside the examination hall.
- Aspirants have to show the exam admit card and other documents to get admission to the exam hall.
- The student has to occupy the allotted seat as per their roll number.
- No aspirant will leave his/her seat or examination hall till the examination is over as per the schedule.
- Students should not leave the neet examination hall without handing over their OMR sheet to the invigilator on duty.
NEET Result 2022
National Testing Agency (NTA) is empowered to conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) exam from 2022. NTA is also responsible for declaring the NNET Exam Result. Usually, it will release the NEET Result 2022 after one month. Aspirants who have appeared for the NEET (UG) exam can check their results online on the official website of NTA.
In what languages are the test conducted?
The UG Exam of NEET is conducted in 11 regional languages. The NEET Exam is conducted in the following language. Students can choose one of the languages given below for the NEET Exam.
NEET 2022 Syllabus
This course is prescribed as per the recommendations made by the National Medical Commission of India (NMC). The syllabus offered by CBSE, NCERT, and COBSE is considered along with the review of the syllabus of various states before deciding on the final syllabus. It ensures fairness while evaluating candidates for admission to medical courses in India.
To get complete details about NERT Syllabus, visit the NEET 2022 syllabus section.
NEET 2022 Answer Key
Not all sets of NEET 2022 question papers are expected to be the same. NEET question papers are coded, and after the exam is over, NTA releases the answer keys for all sets of question papers. NEET 2022 answer key is released almost a week after the exam. OMR response sheets of all the aspirants who appeared in the exam are also uploaded so that there is transparency in the evaluation process. If you find any discrepancy while verifying your responses against the NEET answer key by NTA, you can challenge it for a fee of Rs. 1000 per challenge.
We hope that after reading this article you must have got detailed information about NEET Exam Date 2022. If you want to ask any queries regarding the NEET Exam 2022 then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon.