NEET Exam Conducting Authority (National Testing Agency, NTA) conducts the NEET UG Exam 2023 for applicants who want to be admitted to Dental, Medical, Nursing, and AYUSH courses in India. NEET UG 2023 Exam is conducted by NTA via offline mode which is conducted in 13 languages. Generally, NEET UG Exam 2023 covers subjects like Chemistry, Physics, and Biology from Grades 11th and 12th. NEET UG 2023 entrance examination will be conducted on 7 May 2023. Applicants of NEET who are 17 years old or will complete this age before 31 December 2023 can apply for the exam. There is no upper age limit for appearing in NEET UG 2023 exam.
According to the latest report, more than 21 lakh applicants have applied for the NEET exam, which is the highest number in the last few years. NEET UG Medical Entrance Examination 2023 will be conducted on May 7, 2023. NEET UG 2023 Entrance Exam will conduct in the paper-pencil-based mode for 200 minutes from 2 PM to 5.20 PM (IST) across 499 cities in India and abroad. The NEET Exam Pattern and NEET UG Syllabus 2023 are the same as last year. NTA (National Testing Agency) has released the latest NEET 2023 Information Bulletin on the official website at neet.nta.nic.in.
NEET UG Exam 2023 Overview
|Exam Conducting Board||National Testing Agency|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test |
Undergraduate Exam 2023
|Minimum Age Limit||17 Years|
|Maximum Age Limit||No Upper Limit|
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen Pencil-Based Mode)|
|Total Number of Questions||200|
|Frequency of Exam||Once a Year|
|Duration of NEET Exam||3 Hours 20 Minutes|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Official NEET Website||neet.nta.nic.in|
|Join Telegram for Upcoming News||Join Now|
NEET UG Exam 2023 New Changes
- Applicants of NEET will be able to appear in NEET UG 2023 exam in either of the two languages of their choice apart from the standard English language.
- It is not compulsory for NEET Undergraduate applicants to show their Aadhaar card while filling the NEET UG 2023 application form. However, it is necessary to carry valid ID proof.
- No restriction exists on the number of attempts a student can take in the NEET UG Entrance Exam 2023.
- Admission to B.Sc Nursing courses will also be made through NEET Undergraduate 2023.
- State Open Schools, NIOS, or private applicants cannot appear in NEET 2023 exam.
- Now it is mandatory for all the applicants who want to pursue medicine abroad and are Indian citizens, they have to qualify for NEET UG 2023 exam.
NEET UG Exam 2023 Important Date
All the important information related to NEET UG Exams is mentioned in the below Table.
|NEET UG Exam Date||7 May 2023|
|Exam Timing||2 PM to 5:20 PM|
|NEET UG Admit Card 2023||End of April 2023|
|NEET UG Result 2023||June 2023 (Tentative)|
|Mode of Result||Online|
|Where to check NEET UG Result||neet.nta.nic.in|
NEET UG Exam Syllabus 2023
NEET UG Latest Syllabus was released by the National Testing Agency long ago on its official web portal. Applicants of the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test can download NEET UG Syllabus 2023 from the official website or the direct link mentioned below in the table. Students click the below link and download the latest NEET UG Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF.
NEET UG Exam Pattern 2023
NEET UG 2023 exam pattern remains the same as last year. The paper-pencil-based exam will be conducted by NTA for a duration of 200 minutes and will consist of 200 multiple-choice questions (MCQ) from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Applicants of NEETUndergraduate have to attempt 180 questions. Biology subjects of the NEET UG Exam will be further divided into Botany and Zoology. Each of these subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) will have two sections. While Section A of the NEET UG Test will have 35 questions, Section B of the NEET UG Exam will have 15 questions, of which only 10 must be attempted. Each question of the NEET UG Exam will carry 4 marks and a negative marking scheme of -1 mark for each wrong answer. No marks will be awarded or deducted for unanswered questions.
|Subjects||Section||Number of questions||Marks|
NEET 2023 Preparation Tips
The competition for the NEET UG Entrance Exam is more than any other entrance exam. It is mandatory for the aspirants of NEET Undergraduate to ensure their continuous hard work and practice in order to crack the NEET exam.
- Applicants must go through the NEET UG 2023 exam pattern (discussed above) and its syllabus thoroughly before starting their preparation for the exam.
- NEET UG aspirants should make a proper study plan and timetable for the revision of each subject. This will help them to master the NCERT syllabus.
- Practice more with the help of NEET mock tests (latest pattern) and analyze the results thoroughly.
- Prepare the study plan for NEET 2023 according to the subjects and weightage of the subjects.
- Stay updated with the latest study material and all important books.
- Maintain a balance between the study plan and other activities.