CBSE Circular on Digital Citizenship: Digital citizenship is an increasingly important skill for students. In today’s world, students are getting exposed to online technology at an early age. After the experience of the last two years, it can be safely said that the digital world is here to stay. Teachers across India recognize that instruction is needed to help their students learn to safely navigate the online world. We need to empower our youth to be responsible and safe digital citizens who take the right decisions online and help them use technology in a positive way.
CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has launched a skill module on ‘Digital Citizenship’ for the students of classes 6 to 8. This 3-level curriculum relies on experiential and activity-based learning where students will apply concepts and theories to real-world scenarios through case studies, reflection, and activities.
The course will cover important aspects such as digital etiquette, cyber security, cyberbullying, information literacy, using the internet for social good, and the future of our digital world with topics such as Artificial Intelligence (AI), AR/VR, and the metaverse.
The curriculum is designed to ensure that teachers of all subjects and grades can easily understand and train their students to be responsible digital citizens. To ease the facilitation process, teachers will be provided with a ‘Teacher Handbook’ and ‘Classroom Material’.
Also Read: CBSE Training Portal For Teachers
Also Read: CTET 2022 New Eligibility Criteria
A virtual orientation session is also being organized on 14th June 2022 for the Principals and teachers of all CBSE affiliated schools to understand more about the subject as per the following details:
Schedule of Digital Citizenship Training
- Event: Virtual Orientation Session for Teachers and Principals on Digital Citizenship.
- Date: 14 June 2022
- Day: Tuesday
- Timings: 11 AM to 12: 30 PM
- Registration Link for Digital Citizenship Program
Capacity Building/ Capability Development Programmes for Teachers
A series of following capacity building/capacity development programs are also being organized for teachers:
- General Awareness Training – For teachers who want to be aware of digital safety and wellness.
- Master Training – Teachers who want to become master trainers to train other teachers and students.
- Train Instructor Training – for teachers who want to teach digital citizenship as a subject.
Teachers who participate in these training will be shown various ways to integrate the curriculum into the classroom and can also claim training as part of professional development training for teachers.
Training Schedule of Capacity Building Program
- Event: Capacity Building/ Capability Development Programmes on Digital Citizenship for Teachers.
- Registrations open from 20th June 2022.
- Registration Link
As recognition for their efforts, top teachers from the program will be rewarded through:
- Nomination for the “Teachers of the Future Award”
- Showcase on social media through feature videos
- Special certificates and prizes
- CBSE encourages all teachers to sign up for the training of their choice, regardless of the subject and grade they teach.
- All Training will be free of cost.
We hope that after reading this article you must have got detailed information about CBSE Circular on Digital Citizenship – Skill Module for Middle School. If you want to ask any queries regarding CBSE Circular on Digital Citizenship then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon.