Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) releases a new circular regarding CBSE Budding Authors Programme for classes 5 to 10 students. Read the article till the end for complete information about CBSE Budding Authors Program 2022. We also provide all-important links related to this program and an official notification PDF.
The New National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 re-focuses on the ideal path from Learn-To-Read to Read-To-Learn. The policy clearly states that languages will be taught in an entertaining and interactive style, with lots of lively and active conversation, early reading, and later writing.
On the occasion of the second anniversary of NEP (New Education Policy) 2020, CBSE in partnership with Central Square Foundation, Pratham Books Storyweaver, and National Book Trust announced the CBSE Budding Authors Programme. The CBSE Budding Authors Program is an extension of the previous mission “CBSE Reading Mission” which was launched on 13 September 2021 (Circular No. Acad – 82/2021).
The CBSE Budding Authors Programme aims to provide a platform for the students to learn to read and write different types of stories effectively. As students write and present short stories under this program, they will have a chance to express their creativity and watch them get published.
CBSE Budding Authors Programme 2022 Highlights
The students can submit their stories in Hindi or English in the following three categories:
|Category||Classes||Length of Submission|
|I||Classes 5-6||500 to 600 words|
|II||Classes 7-8||600 to 900 words|
|III||Classes 9-10||1000 to 1500 words|
Steps for CBSE Budding Authors Program 2022
Timeline: 24 August 2022 to 16 September 2022
- Schools will organize programs at their end from 24 August 2022 to 16 September 2022. Schools will nominate 1 teacher to coordinate this activity. Sharing information about this activity with all students.
- The teachers and students of CBSE School can register on the CBSE Reading Mission Platform cbseacademic.nic.in and access exemplar stories/ books in Hindi and English.
- Hindi/English/language teachers should encourage students to read at least 7 stories (available in the school library or on the CBSE Reading Mission platform) to help them participate in this activity.
- Give school students a week to read widely to prepare for the budding writer program. Some of the inputs for writing are in Annex I. These can be shared with the students.
- Later, schools will organize competitions within school hours where students will create and write short stories in either English or Hind.
- Schools will complete the evaluation of entries and shortlist two students/participants per class for the next round of this program.
- Guidelines and evaluation criteria for submission of entries by students are to be shared as given in Annex II.
- Schools to submit information regarding student participation in the First Phase of the Programme through this Form Link.
Second Phase Detail of CBSE Budding Authors Program 2022
(I) Registration and Onboarding on the Technology Platform
Timeline: 16th September 2022 to 30th September 2022
- The schools will register the shortlisted students (2 winners of each category) for the second phase of the CBSE Budding Authors Program on the link on the CBSE academic website given above. Nodal teachers can facilitate the registration of students (maximum of 6 students per school).
- As soon as enrolled students register for Round 2 of the CBSE Budding Authors programme, they will be provided with a unique login ID on the link.
- The second phase of the program will start with the registration of the students. They will be provided with some interesting reading assignments on the technology platform.
- The registration for the second phase would be open from 16th September to 30th September 2022 only.
(II) Contest on the Technology Platform
Timeline: 30h September – 2nd November 2022
- As registered participants of this program complete reading assignments with writing tips, they can proceed to create short stories on the platform.
- CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) will organize a webinar on the art of developing writing skills for the registered students and the details will be communicated to the schools on their official email.
- The students of classes 5 to 10 may develop, edit, and finally submit their entries till 2
- nd November 2022.
- All aspirants who successfully submit their created short stories at this phase will get an online certificate of participation at the school’s e-mail ID.
- The terms and conditions for participation in the second phase of this CBSE Budding Authors Programme are provided in Annexure III.
Evaluation and Publication
- In the second phase, the entries submitted by the students will be evaluated by a panel of experts.
- Shortlisted entries of this program in each category will be provided with editorial support to finalize their creation.
- The best entries selected at the national level will be published by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) in the form of a collection of short stories for each category.
Webinars for School Heads and Teachers
For schools to understand the program better, a webinar is being organized on 23rd August 2022 at 3:00 PM for school heads, teachers (classes 5-10), and librarians.
Heads of all schools are requested to use this opportunity to promote the reading mission in their schools and encourage maximum participation of students in the budding writer program to promote reading and writing skills among the students.
We hope you like this article about CBSE Budding Authors Programme 2022. If you want to ask any queries regarding the CBSE Budding Authors Programme 2022 then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon.