Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) releases a new circular regarding “Observing International Day of Yoga 2022” on their official website. All important information regarding Observing International Day of Yoga 2022 is discussed in this article. Read the article till the end for complete details about IDY 2022.
The 8th International Day of Yoga (IDY) will be celebrated on 21 June 2022. The worldwide acceptance of Yoga is a matter of pride for our country, as Yoga is an integral part of our cultural & spiritual heritage.
Observing International Yoda Day 2022
As the upcoming 8th IDY 2022 comes in the year of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the Ministry of AYUSH, the Government of India (GoI) proposes to follow IDY at reputed sites across the country for India branding.
Besides organizing IDY at School premises, you may also identify an Iconic site / Historical Monument nearby and organize Yoga Activities on 21 June 2022 by following due procedure.
A few selective Photographs (maximum 03) and a very brief report (not exceeding 100 words) will be uploaded at the IDY 2022 -Google Proforma to be made live at the official CBSE Board’s website www.cbseacademic.nic.in on 17 June 2022.
Schools can also create a link to “International Day of Yoga 2022” on their websites and upload information and pictures about the celebration. Keeping in view the rising number of COVID cases; You are advised to strictly follow the COVID protocol specified by the Government of India and the concerned State Government for the safety of the participants.
Activity List for International Yoga Day 2022
- Awareness Rally (Yog se Nirog); Nukkad Natak on Yoga
- Talk on Yoga by eminent Yoga Teachers/Gurus
- Seminar and Exhibition on the Importance of Yoga
- Organize – Mass Yoga sessions, Painting competitions, Poster Making, Slogan Writing, Essay Writing competitions, Showing Videos on Yoga, Quizzes, and Debates.
- Visit Old Age Home or an Orphanage and organize a Yoga session
- Organize Nukkad Natak on the theme of Yoga
- Inter-School Yoga Competitions
- Prepare songs based on the theme ‘Azadi ka Amrut Mahotsav’.
- Organize Yoga and Meditation sessions for School Management, Staff, Students, Parents, and Community
- Mass Surya Namaskar display
- Make a human Pyramid using various Yoga postures
- Performing Mass Yoga at some nearby historic Monument/Iconic site
- Performing Skit on Yoga and uploading on Youtube/Facebook
- Clay Moulding – Favourite Yoga Pose
- Awareness of Benefits of Yoga
- Wall Painting depicting various Yoga Postures
- Paper Bags Making – Theme: Yoga
- Yoga logo making
- Workshop for Mothers to make Yoga a daily lifestyle
- Display of different poses of Yoga through Fit India Yoga Mobile App
- Organize Rhythmic Yoga
- Organize events in the disciplines like Chess, Sudoku, Puzzles, etc.
International Yoga Day 2022 Essay
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s proposal for the International Day for Yoga was adopted on 11 December 2014 by the United Nations (UN) with record support co-sponsored by 177 of the 193 member countries. June 21 is celebrated as the International Day of Yoga when people are made aware of the benefits of yoga.
Yoga is one of the oldest health care systems in India, under which physical and mental balance is maintained at the highest order. The word yoga in Sanskrit means “to unite” and hence yoga refers to a unified discipline.
The origins of yoga date back more than 4,000 years when Patanjali laid down the description of yoga, which has turned into a scientific method aimed at uniting the mind, body, and soul.
This union which comes through yoga is said to bring about not only physical benefits but mental benefits as well, taking the individual to a level that could not be reached by manipulating one factor alone. Click Here for the Complete Yoga Day Essay
We hope you like this article about Observing International Day of Yoga 2022. If you want to ask any queries regarding the Observing International Day of Yoga 2022 then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon. Share this article with your Friends, Teachers, and Parents. For More Updates Join Our Telegram Channel.