CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 Complete Guide: National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi has declared the CLAT eligibility criteria. Before any applicant applies for the CLAT 2023 entrance exam, it is suggested to check CLAT 2023 exam eligibility. Each participating NLU will have different eligibility criteria. Suppose the applicant does not match the CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2023, then there is a possibility that the admission of the applicant may be canceled.
The CLAT Exam 2023 dates have been announced by the CLAT Consortium. CLAT 2023 Application Form will be released on 1st January 2023, and the notification will be released in the last week of December. NUSRL, Ranchi is the governing body for CLAT Exam 2023. Applicants are advised to check the CLAT 2023 eligibility guidelines before filling out the CLAt 2023 application form.
In this blog post, we are giving all the important details related to the eligibility criteria for the CLAT 2023 Exam for both UG and PG programs. It is to be noted that each NLU participating in CLAT 2023 has its own eligibility criteria for CLAT 2023 Exam.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 Overview
NLUs provided 5-year integrated LLB and one-year LLM courses. CLAT Exam 2023 eligibility criteria are course-specific, so the applicant has to mention the program in which they are seeking admission. The eligibility criteria for CLAT Exam 2023 for 5-year LLB and one-year LLM courses are as follows:
|Factors||CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria|
for 5-year LLB
|CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria|
for One-year LLM
|Age Limit||No Upper Age Limit||No Upper Age Limit|
|Qualification||The aspirants must have passed the 10+2 exam.||The aspirants must have passed an LLB degree or an equivalent exam.|
|Minimum marks in qualifying exam||General – 45%|
SC/ST – 40%
|General – 50%|
SC/ST – 45%
|Appearing in qualifying exam||Such aspirants may also apply subject to passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.||Such aspirants may also apply.|
CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
The examination authorities and universities in India set an upper or lower age limit for admission to their CLAT courses. However, to cater to a large number of law candidates, the BCI capped the age restriction for admission to the five-year LLB course. Hence, now the CLAT Consortium follows the same for the CLAT 2023 eligibility criteria.
- There is no upper age limit for CLAT 2023 exam.
- This means that aspirants of any age group can apply for the CLAT entrance exam.
Also Read: CLAT Application Form 2022 Complete Guide
CLAT UG Eligibility Criteria 2023
Educational Qualification: To qualify for CLAT 2023 exam, Aspirants must have passed the Senior Secondary School Examination/ 12th Board Examination with minimum marks given below:
- For Unreserved /OBC /Specially abled Persons (SAP) and other categories = 45%
- For SC/ST category = 40%
General Criteria: Aspirants who have appeared for the CLAT exam in April/May can register for CLAT 2023. While applying, aspirants should submit proof of having successfully passed the examination. If he/she fails to do so, he/she will lose his seat in CLAT 2023.
CLAT PG Eligibility Criteria 2023
Educational Qualification: Candidates should have a valid Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent. Both integrated 5-year degree and 3-year degree programs are accepted.
- General category or OBC category candidates are required to have a minimum of 55% in bachelor’s degree.
- SC/ST students are given a relaxation of 5% in the qualifying marks i.e. they require 50% in Bachelor’s degree.
- Like CLAT UG programs, there is no upper age limit for CLAT 2023 in PG programs also.
Number of Attempts: There is no limit on the number of attempts in the CLAT Exam. An applicant can apply for CLAT as many times as he/she wants.
CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria for LLM Course
The postgraduate (PG) law program in which students can secure admission through the CLAT exam is LLM (Master of Law). The basic criteria that aspirants need to fulfill in order to fulfill the CLAT eligibility criteria for the LLM course are given below:
- Those aspirants belonging to the General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI category must have an LLB or equivalent degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
- Applicants belonging to SC/ST category should have an LLB or equivalent degree with a minimum of 45% aggregate.
- Applicants appearing in the final year examination of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply for CLAT.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for the CLAT 2023 PG exam as well.
- However, aspirants securing the same rank and marks in CLAT LLM will be given preference if their age is higher than others.
CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria in Table
|Eligibility||For UG Course||For PG Course|
|Minimum Qualification||12th board passed|
12th Appearing students
|Minimum Qualification Marks||General/OBC – 45%|
SC/ST – 40%
|General/OBC – 55%|
SC/ST – 50%
|Minimum Age Limit||No Age Limit||No Age Limit|
|Maximum Age Limit||No Age Limit||No Age Limit|
|Number of Attempts||No Limit||No Limit|
CLAT Eligibility Criteria for NRI
NRI applicants who are willing to take admission in CLAT 2023 exam should directly contact the concerned university for admission formalities, eligibility, documents required, and other related queries under NRI/NRI Sponsored Category.
West Bengal NUJS Kolkata has various eligibility criteria:
- A total of 17 seats are reserved for NRI aspirants seeking admission to UG courses. There is no seat available for the PG Course program.
- CLAT office will announce the list of candidates who are eligible for admission under this category.
Documents Required by NRI Aspirants are a Copy of the Valid Indian Passport of the Student, a Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months, Certificate from the local embassy stating that the person is an NRI/OCI or PIO Card.
Documents Required by sponsored NRI aspirants are a Copy of the Valid Indian Passport of the Sponsor, a Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months by the Sponsor, Certificate from the local embassy stating that the Sponsor is an NRI/ OCI or PIO Card, An affidavit by the sponsor indicates the interest shown in the education affairs of the applicant and willingness to fund the education of the aspirants over the next 5 years.
How to Prepare for the CLAT Exam 2023?
- Always prepare a daily routine that you can easily follow. Avoid making a routine with unrealistic goals. Stick to the routine prescribed in the timetable religiously.
- Do not waste unnecessary time on a smartphone, Social Media, or any electronic gadget.
- Avoid making long notes. Try to make short notes for quick revision.
- Revise each topic at least thrice to understand the concepts deeply.
- First, improve the basic concepts and then move on to complex topics/concepts.
- Solve previous year’s papers question papers to get an idea of the exam. It will also help in increasing the performance.
FAQs of CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
1. When will the CLAT exam be conducted in 2022?
Answer: CLAT is to be conducted twice this year. The exam date for CLAT 2022 was June 19, and for CLAT 2023 (to be conducted in the same year) is December 18, 2022, as per the admission notice.
2. What are the minimum marks for ST students to apply for CLAT 2023?
Answer: As per CLAT admission eligibility, the applicant must have secured a minimum of 40% marks in the 12th class.
3. How many times can I take the CLAT exam?
Answer: Presently, there is no restriction on the number of times you can appear for the CLAT Exam. There is also no prescribed age limit to appear in the CLAT exam.
4. What if the applicant does not fulfill the CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2023?
Answer: Aspirants not fulfilling the eligibility criteria will not be admitted.
5. Is there any age restriction for the CLAT 2023 exam?
Answer: No, there is no such CLAT age limit for the aspirants. Students of any age group can appear for the CLAT exam.
6. Can I apply for CLAT 2022 if my class 12 results are awaited?
Answer: Yes, aspirants whose class 12 results have not been declared at the time of filling the CLAT application form are eligible to apply. They have to select ‘result awaited’ in the educational requirements section of the CLAT 2022 application form.
We hope you like this article about CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2023. If you want to ask any queries regarding the CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2023 then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon.