CLAT Application Form 2023 will be made available soon on the official CLAT website. It will be declared through online mode only. CLAT is a national-level law entrance exam conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities. On the basis of CLAT scores, aspirants will get admission to various UG and PG law courses. Various NLUs all over the country consider the CLAT 2023 score for providing admission to law courses.
The Consortium of National Law Universities will begin the registration process for the CLAT 2023 Exam, one of the most sought-after entrance exams beyond engineering and medicine, in the month of October (tentative). Read the post which will give you complete step-by-step instructions to fill CLAT 2023 Application Form correctly.
CLAT Application Form Date 2023
CLAT 2023 Exam is going to be conducted on 18th December 2022. The registration details for CLAT Exam 2023 have not been released yet. While filling the application form, aspirants have to submit the mark sheet and give information about their educational qualifications.
|Exam Name||CLAT 2023 Exam|
|CLAT Application Form Start||To be announced|
|CLAT Registration End Date||To be announced|
|CLAT 2023 Exam Date||18 December 2022|
|CLAT Application Form Fee||General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI candidates = Rs 4000|
SC/ST/ BPL candidates = Rs 3500
Question Paper Fee (if opted) = Rs 500
|Join Telegram Group for Latest Updates||Join Now|
What is CLAT?
The Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level entrance test for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programs offered by 22 National Law Universities across the country. CLAT is conducted by the Association of National Law Universities which includes representative universities.
CLAT Exam 2023: Latest News
- The consortium of NLU announced that CLAT 2022 and CLAT Exam 2023 will be held in 2022.
- CLAT Exam 2023 will be conducted on 18th December 2022.
- Registration for CLAT Exam 2023 will be announced once the official notification is released.
- The CLAT exam will be conducted in pen and paper (Offline Mode) following the said COVID rules and regulations.
- The CLAT exam will consist of 5 sections- English with Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques.
Prerequisites for CLAT Registration 2023
While completing the CLAT Online Form 2023 you must check the below-mentioned documents to be uploaded.
- Mark sheets and certificates for 10th and 12th grades
- ID and address proof with proper details mentioned (Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ PAN Card)
- Residential address for communication
- Email address and phone number
- Passport-size photograph with a plain background
- Signature of the Aspirants
- Category certificate if a candidate belongs to SC/ST/OBC category
- Relevant PWD certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
- Relevant BPL certificate issued by the competent authority (if applicable)
CLAT 2023 Application Fee
The cost of a CLAT application for General, EWS, and OBC candidates is Rs.4,000. The CLAT registration fee for SC, ST, and BPL candidate is Rs 3,500. Aspirants will also have to pay Rs. 500 for the previous year’s exam; However, the official CLAT Previous Year Question Papers can be accessed freely.
|General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI Applicant||Rs 4000|
|SC/ST/ BPL Applicant||Rs 3500|
|Question Paper Fee (if opted)||Rs 500|
CLAT Application form 2023: Document Specifications
|Caste Certificate||1.5 MB|
How to fill CLAT Application form 2023?
CLAT 2023 application form is not open yet, aspirants can check the details given below and follow it once the application process starts. CLAT application form can be filled via online mode by all the eligible aspirants.
- Visit the official website of CLAT – consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
- Click on the link “CLAT 2023 Registration” given on the homepage of the official website.
- The normally asked registration form for email id, phone number, and password will appear on the screen.
- Some general instructions and options for UG or PG will appear. Of course, you have to go for UG/LLB (5-year program).
- Candidates have to enter communication details, qualification details, CLAT exam center preference, NLU preferences, and reservations.
- Don’t worry if you are still in class 12th; You can refer to the score as per your pre-board marks. Change in this number will not lead to the cancellation of a candidature.
- The most important step is the NLU elections and reservation checks. Check carefully the category reservation you can claim while filling out the form.
- Aspirants have to upload the scanned images of the required documents in the correct format.
- Aspirants can preview the final form or save it as a draft before final submission.
- The last step is fee payment, which can be done online or offline as per your choice. Keep the registration receipt for your reference to avoid any discrepancy in the future.
- For NRI or NRI Sponsored category aspirants, you need to check carefully whether there is any reservation for your category in your preferred NLU.
CLAT Application Form Correction Window 2023
After the deadline, the consortium may refuse to enable aspirants to make changes to their CLAT application form. As a result, aspirants must be very careful while filling the CLAT application and completing it before the deadline.
However, if the consortium gives a correction window, they can make changes to the CLAT 2023 Application Form. Correction window notification will be made freely available on the admission portal of the CLAT Website.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
NLUs provided 5-year integrated LLB and one-year LLM courses. CLAT Exam 2023 eligibility criteria are course-specific, so the applicant has to mention the program in which they are seeking admission. The eligibility criteria for CLAT Exam 2023 for 5-year LLB and one-year LLM courses are as follows:
|Factors||CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria|
for 5-year LLB
|CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria|
for One-year LLM
|Age Limit||No Upper Age Limit||No Upper Age Limit|
|Qualification||The aspirants must have passed the 10+2 exam.||The aspirants must have passed an LLB degree or an equivalent exam.|
|Minimum marks in qualifying exam||General – 45%|
SC/ST – 40%
|General – 50%|
SC/ST – 45%
|Appearing in qualifying exam||Such aspirants may also apply subject to passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.||Such aspirants may also apply.|
CLAT Exam Pattern 2023
- Number of Section = 5
- Section = English including comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques.
- Total Number of Question = 150
- Marks Per Question = 1
- Exam Duration = 2 Hours
- Negative Marking = Yes (0.25 deducted for a wrong answer)
- Mode of Examination = Pen and Paper Mode
CLAT is distributed into 5 sections of different weightage. The exam conducted is for 2 hours with no sectional time limit. The table given below will explain the section-wise questions and marks:
|Subjects||No. of Question||Marks Distribution|
|English including Comprehension||30-32||30-32|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||35-38||35-38|
Recommended Books for CLAT 2023 Exam
Applicants for CLAT Exam 2023 can take help from the mentioned books to prepare for the CLAT examination.
- English: Word Power Made Easy, English Grammar by Wren & Martin
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning by R.S Aggarwal,
- Elementary Mathematics:S Aggarwal, Fast Track Objective Mathematics by Arihant
- Legal Aptitude: Universal CLAT Guide, Legal Awareness & Legal Reasoning by A.P Bhardwaj
- General Knowledge: Lucent General Knowledge, Manorama Yearbook 2022
FAQs for CLAT Application Form 2023
1. Can I apply for CLAT 2023 if I take my Class 12 exams this year?
Answer: Yes, you can apply for CLAT if you took the exam in April-May 2022. However, aspirants must have fulfilled the required requirement for admission at the time of counseling.
2. How can I Apply for CLAT 2023 Exam?
Answer: The CLAT 2023 application form will be provided through online mode only.
3. How the CLAT 2023 Exam will be conducted?
Answer: The CLAT 2023 Exam will be conducted in Offline Mode.
4. What are the Eligibility Criteria for CLAT Exam?
Answer: Before filling out the application form, aspirants must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria. All the aspirants must have passed the secondary examination with 45% marks (for UG Applicant) and 55% marks (for PG Applicant) to satisfy the eligibility criteria for Common Law Admission Test.
5. How to know whether my CLAT 2023 Application Form has been Submitted?
Answer: Aspirants will receive a confirmation message on the window screen after the final submission of the CLAT application form. The candidate will also get a confirmation message on your registered mobile number and email id.
6. What is the Fee for the CLAT Application Form?
Answer: Answer: The CLAT Application fees for the general category are Rs 4000 and for SC/ ST categories is Rs 3500.
We hope you like this article about CLAT Application Form 2023 Latest Updates. If you want to ask any queries regarding the CLAT Application Form 2023 then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon.