The National Association of Law Universities (NLUs) will release the CLAT 2023 exam notification after July 15, 2022, according to the latest notification on the official website. CLAT Exam 2023 will be held on 18 December 2022 in around 82 cities across the country. The two-hour exam will be held in offline mode in which aspirants will have to mark their answers on the OMR sheet.
The consortium of NLUs conducts the CLAT/Common Law Entrance Test on behalf of the National Law Universities. The exam is conducted to conduct the admission process in NLU for undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Earlier CLAT was conducted once a year. However, from 2022 it is expected that CLAT Exam will be conducted twice.
To be eligible to take admission in any of the participating universities that come under NLU, aspirants have to appear for the CLAT exam. Through this article, aspirants will be provided with the complete details of the CLAT Exam 2023 entrance test like eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, application form, result, counseling, etc. Aspirants of CLAT Exam 2023 are encouraged to read the complete article to know all about CLAT Exam.
CLAT 2023 Exam Overview
|Exam Name||Common-Law Admission Test|
|Organized By||A consortium of National Law Universities (NLUs)|
|Exam Type||Undergraduate & Postgraduate|
|Frequency||Once a Year|
|Exam Mode||Pen Paper Mode (Offline)|
|Total number of participating institutes||22 NLUs except for National|
|How to Apply||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Exam Duration||120 Minutes|
|Join Telegram Group for Latest Updates||Join Now|
CLAT Exam Date 2023
|Exam||CLAT Exam 2023|
|CLAT Exam 2023 Notification Date||After 15 July|
|CLAT Online Application Form Availability||To be announced|
|CLAT Admit Card Release Date||To be announced|
|CLAT Exam Date||18 December 2022|
|CLAT Answer Key Release Date||To be announced|
|CLAT Result and Rank List||To be announced|
|Mode of Result||Online|
|CLAT Exam 2023 Counselling||To be announced|
|CLAT Admission Closing Date||To be announced|
What is CLAT?
The Common-Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level entrance test for admission to undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) law programs offered by 22 National Law Universities across the country. CLAT is conducted by the Association of National Law Universities which includes representative universities.
CLAT Exam 2023: Latest News
- The consortium of NLU announced that CLAT 2022 and CLAT Exam 2023 will be held in 2022.
- CLAT Exam 2023 will be conducted on 18th December 2022.
- Registration for CLAT Exam 2023 will be announced once the official notification is released.
- The CLAT exam will be conducted in pen and paper (Offline Mode) following the said COVID rules and regulations.
- The CLAT exam will consist of 5 sections- English with Comprehension, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques.
CLAT Application Form 2023
The application form for CLAT Exam 2023 will be available through the mode only. Aspirants can fill the form by visiting the official portal of CLAT at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. Aspirants have to first register for the exam by providing basic registration details like name, email id, and mobile number. After that, a provisional registration number and password will be provided to the aspirants.
Using this information, aspirants have to log in to fill the application form. Aspirants will also have to upload the scanned photograph and signature. The specially-abled persons will also have to upload the scanned copy of the certificate to claim the status of the same. Aspirants should fill the form very carefully because once the form is submitted, no correction facility will be provided. Candidates have to pay the application fee as per the category they belong to.
CLAT 2023 Application Form Fee
|General/OBC/SAP + Other||Rs. 4000|
How to Apply for CLAT 2023 Exam?
- Go to the Official website of the Consortium of NLUs at consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
- Click on the link “CLAT Exam 2023” given at the top of the homepage.
- Enter your Email ID and Mobile Number for CLAT Registration.
- Login to the CLAT Portal using the phone number and password.
- Enter all the correct details asked in the registration form.
- Choose preference among the 22 national law universities.
- Upload all important documents like photographs and Signatures.
- Pay the CLAT Exam 2023 Application Fee Online.
- After entering all the details then click on the ” Submit” button.
- Take a printout of the Application Form for further use.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria 2023
NLUs provided 5-year integrated LLB and one-year LLM courses. CLAT Exam 2023 eligibility criteria are course-specific, so the applicant has to mention the program in which they are seeking admission. The eligibility criteria for CLAT Exam 2023 for 5-year LLB and one-year LLM courses are as follows:
|Factors||CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria|
for 5-year LLB
|CLAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria|
for One-year LLM
|Age Limit||No Upper Age Limit||No Upper Age Limit|
|Qualification||The aspirants must have passed the 10+2 exam.||The aspirants must have passed an LLB degree or an equivalent exam.|
|Minimum marks in qualifying exam||General – 45%|
SC/ST – 40%
|General – 50%|
SC/ST – 45%
|Appearing in qualifying exam||Such aspirants may also apply subject to passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission.||Such aspirants may also apply.|
CLAT Exam Pattern 2023
- Number of Section = 5
- Section = English including comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques.
- Total Number of Question = 150
- Marks Per Question = 1
- Exam Duration = 2 Hours
- Negative Marking = Yes (0.25 deducted for a wrong answer)
- Mode of Examination = Pen and Paper Mode
CLAT is distributed into 5 sections of different weightage. The exam conducted is for 2 hours with no sectional time limit. The table given below will explain the section-wise questions and marks:
|Subjects||No. of Question||Marks Distribution|
|English including Comprehension||30-32||30-32|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||35-38||35-38|
CLAT Exam 2023 Syllabus
CLAT Syllabus for UG courses Program will be composed of topics Like General Knowledge, English, Mathematics, Legal Aptitude, and Reasoning. Aspirants seeking admission to the UG program can go through the syllabus given below:
|Quantitative Techniques||Basic Algebra, Menstruation, Statistical Estimation, Graphs, Numerical Information, Ratio, and Proportion, etc.|
|English||Passages, Reading, Comprehension, Inference, and Conclusion, Summary, Vocabulary, etc.|
|Current Affairs||Contemporary events of National and International Significance, Arts and Culture, International Affairs, and Historical Events of significance.|
|Legal Reasoning||Rules and passages of law, application of the rules and passages, etc.|
|Logical Reasoning||Argument- Premise and Conclusion, Inference, Relationships and Analogies, Contradictions and Equivalence, etc.|
How to Prepare for the CLAT Exam 2023?
- Always prepare a daily routine that you can easily follow. Avoid making a routine with unrealistic goals. Stick to the routine prescribed in the timetable religiously.
- Do not waste unnecessary time on a smartphone, Social Media, or any electronic gadget.
- Avoid making long notes. Try to make short notes for quick revision.
- Revise each topic at least thrice to understand the concepts deeply.
- First, improve the basic concepts and then move on to complex topics/concepts.
- Solve previous year’s papers question papers to get an idea of the exam. It will also help in increasing the performance.
CLAT Admit Card 2023
CLAT Admit Card 2023 will be issued by the Consortium of National Law Universities a week before the exam. Aspirants will be able to download the admit card online through the official website of CLAT at consortiumofnlus.ac.in. This is an essential document for admission to the examination hall for CLAT 2023, which will be held on 18 December 2022. Read on to get important information about CLAT Exam 2023 Admit Card.
Recommended Books for CLAT 2023 Entrance Exam
Aspirants of CLAT Exam 2023 can take help from the mentioned books to prepare for the CLAT examination.
- English: Word Power Made Easy, English Grammar by Wren & Martin
- Logical Reasoning: Verbal & Non-Verbal reasoning by R.S Aggarwal,
- Elementary Mathematics:S Aggarwal, Fast Track Objective Mathematics by Arihant
- Legal Aptitude: Universal CLAT Guide, Legal Awareness & Legal Reasoning by A.P Bhardwaj
- General Knowledge: Lucent General Knowledge, Manorama Yearbook 2022
FAQs for CLATExam 2023
1. When will CLAT Exam 2023 will be conducted?
Answer: CLAT Exam 2023 will be conducted on 18th December 2022. The consortium has announced the CLAT exam date in the recently released notification.
2. What is the Age Limit for appearing in CLAT Exam 2023?
Answer: The officials have not specified any upper age limit to appear in CLAT Exam 2023. Aspirants of any age can appear for the exam.
3. Who is the conducting body of CLAT 2023?
Answer: The consortium of NLUs that represents the 22 participating NLUs, will conduct the national level CLAT Exam 2023.
4. Is there a negative marking in CLAT Exam?
Answer: Yes (1/4 marks is deducted for every wrong question).
5. When will the application form for CLAT 2023 be available?
Answer: The consortium will announce the CLAT Exam 2023 application form dates anytime. It is sort of available in the last week of July 2022.
6. Is admit card mandatory for CLAT Exam 2023?
Answer: Yes, aspirants will have to carry their admit cards to enter the exam center.
7. Who will conduct CLAT Exam 2023?
Answer: The Consortium of NLUs will conduct CLAT 2023 exam administration. Earlier, NLUs used to conduct CLAT on a rotational basis.
8. What is the Fee for the CLAT Application Form?
Answer: The CLAT Application fees for the general category are Rs 4000 and for SC/ ST categories is Rs 3500.
We hope you like this article about CLAT Exam 2023 Latest Updates. If you want to ask any queries regarding the CLAT Exam Date 2023 then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon.