CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) has released the latest CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23 for Academic Session 2022-23. In this article, we explain about latest CBSE Class 9th Social Science Syllabus 2022-23. We provide a high-quality PDF of the CBSE Social Science Syllabus 2022-23 Class 9. Use the below direct link to download CBSE Class 9th Social Science Syllabus 2022-23 PDf.
Students of Class 9 must go through this latest CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23 thoroughly. Students of Class 9 can download the New CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23 through the official website of CBSE at cbseacademic.nic.in or the Direct link is given below in the article.
Importance of CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23
Social Science is a compulsory subject up to the secondary level of school education. It is an integral part of general education as it helps the learners to understand the environment in its totality and develop a broader perspective and an empirical, appropriate, and humanistic approach. This is of vital importance as it helps them to become well-informed and responsible citizens with the necessary characteristics and skills to be able to participate and contribute effectively to the process of development and nation-building.
The social science syllabus mainly draws its content from history, geography, political science, and economics. Some elements of sociology and commerce are also included. Together they provide a comprehensive view of society in space and time and in relation to each other. The methods of examining each subject separately help the learners to understand society from different angles and form a holistic view.
CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23 Course Structure
|S. No.||Units Name||No. of Periods||Marks|
|I||India and the Contemporary World-I||60||20|
Unit I: India and the Contemporary World-I
Section 1: Events and Processes: (All the three themes are compulsory)
I. The French Revolution:
- French Society During the Late Eighteenth Century
- The Outbreak of the Revolution
- France Abolishes Monarchy and Becomes a Republic
- Did Women have a Revolution?
- The Abolition of Slavery
- The Revolution and Everyday Life
II. Socialism in Europe and the Russian Revolution:
- The Age of Social Change
- The Russian Revolution
- The February Revolution in Petrograd
- What Changed after October?
- The Global Influence of the Russian Revolution and the USSR
III. Nazism and the Rise of Hitler:
- Birth of the Weimar Republic
- Hitler’s Rise to Power
- The Nazi Worldview
- Youth in Nazi Germany
- Ordinary People and the Crimes Against Humanity
Section 2: Livelihoods, Economies, and Societies:
IV. Forest Society and Colonialism:
- Why Deforestation?
- The Rise of Commercial Forestry
- Rebellion in the Forest
- Forest Transformations in Java
V. Pastoralists in the Modern World:
- Pastoral Nomads and their Movements
- Colonial Rule and Pastoral Life
- Pastoralism in Africa
Unit II: Contemporary India-I
- India and the World
- India’s Neighbours
- Physical Features of India:
- Major Physiographic Divisions – Himalayan Mountains, Northern Plains, Peninsular Plateau, Indian Desert, Coastal Plains, Islands
- Drainage Systems in India
- The Himalayan Rivers – Ganga and Brahmaputra River System
- The Peninsular Rivers- Narmada Basin, Tapti Basin, Godavari Basin, Mahanadi Basin, Krishna Basin, Kaveri Basin
- Role of Rivers in the Economy
- River Pollution
- Climatic Controls
- Factors influencing India’s climate – Latitude, Altitude, Pressure, and Winds (excluding Jet Streams and Western Cyclonic Disturbances and related figures)
- The Seasons – Cold Weather Season, Hot Weather Season, Advancing Monsoon, Retreating/Post Monsoons
- Distribution of Rainfall
- Monsoon as a unifying bond
- Natural Vegetation and Wild Life:
- Types of Vegetation – Tropical Evergreen Forests, Tropical Deciduous Forests, Thorn Forests and Shrubs, Montane Forests, Mangrove Forests
- Wild Life
- Population Size and Distribution – India’s Population Size and Distribution by Numbers, India’s Population Distribution by Density
- Population Growth and Processes of Population Change – Population Growth, Processes of Population Change/Growth
Unit III: Democratic Politics-I
- What is Democracy? Why Democracy?
- What is Democracy?
- Features of Democracy
- Why Democracy?
- Broader Meanings of Democracy
- Constitutional Design:
- Democratic Constitution in South Africa
- Why do we need a Constitution?
- Making of the Indian Constitution
- Guiding Values of the Indian Constitution
- Electoral Politics:
- Why Elections?
- What is our System of Elections?
- What makes elections in India democratic?
- Working of Institutions:
How is the major policy decision taken?
- Democratic Rights:
Life without Rights
Rights in a Democracy
Rights in the Indian Constitution
Expanding the scope of rights
Unit IV: Economics
- The Story of Village Palampur:
- Organization of Production
- Farming in Palampur
- Non-farm activities in Palampur
- People as Resource:
- Economic Activities by Men and Women
- Quality of Population
- Poverty as a Challenge:
- Two typical cases of Poverty
- Poverty as seen by Social Scientists
- Poverty Estimates
- Vulnerable Groups
- Interstate Disparities
- Global Poverty Scenario
- Causes of Poverty
- Anti-Poverty measures
- The Challenges Ahead
- Food Security in India:
- What is Food Security?
- Why Food Security?
- Who is food insecure?
- Food Security in India
- What is Buffer Stock?
- What is the Public Distribution System?
- Current Status of Public Distribution System
- Role of Cooperatives in food security
Prescribed Books for CBSE Class 9 Social Science Board Exam 2022
- India and the Contemporary World – I (History) – Published by NCERT
- Contemporary India – I (Geography) – Published by NCERT
- Democratic Politics – I Published by NCERT
- Economics – Published by NCERT
- Together, Towards a Safer India – Part II, a textbook on Disaster Management for Class IX – Published by CBSE
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics Syllabus 2022-23
- CBSE Class 9 Science Syllabus 2022-23
- CBSE Class 9 All Subjects Syllabus 2022-23 Download
We hope you like this article about CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23 (or CBSE Class 9 SST Syllabus 2022-23 PDF). If you want to ask any queries regarding the CBSE Class 9 Social Science Syllabus 2022-23 then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon. Share this article with your Friends, Teachers, and Parents. For More Updates Join Our Telegram Channel or Click Here for More Educational News from CBSE.