- 1 CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021-22 Download PDF
- 1.1 Basic information about CBSE Maths Syllabus 2021-22
- 1.2 CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Term 1 Syllabus 2021-22
- 1.3 CBSE Class 10 Maths Internal Assessment for Term-1 Exam
- 1.4 CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Term 2 Syllabus 2021-22
- 1.5 CBSE Class 10 Maths Internal Assessment for Term-2 Exam
- 1.6 MATHEMATICS PRESCRIBED BOOKS FOR CLASS 10
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021-22 Download PDF
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus for the 2021-2022 academic session is available below. This is the combined syllabus for Term-1 and Term-2 Mathematics Syllabus of class 10 is provided below in PDF format. CBSE Digital Education has also mentioned the link to download the revised class 10 Mathematics Term-1 and Term-2 syllabus for the 2021-22 academic session released by the CBSE board on July 24, 2021. All information about CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021-22 is given below.
Basic information about CBSE Maths Syllabus 2021-22
The syllabus of Mathematics subject has been changing from time to time according to the growth of the subject and the emerging needs of society. The present revised syllabus has been designed as per the National Curriculum Framework 2005 and guidelines laid down in the Focus Group on Teaching of Mathematics, to meet the emerging needs of all categories of students. More emphasis is placed on the applications of various concepts to motivate the teacher to connect the subjects to real-life problems and other subject areas.
The main objective of the curriculum at the secondary level is to enhance the ability of the students to employ mathematics to solve the problems of daily life and to study the subject as a separate subject. It is expected that students will acquire the ability to solve problems using algebraic methods and apply knowledge of simple trigonometry to solve problems of height and distance.
An inherent part of learning mathematics at this stage is experimenting with numbers and forms of geometry, formulating hypotheses, and verifying them with further observations. The proposed new syllabus includes the study of number systems, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, mensuration, statistics, graph, and coordinate geometry, etc.
Mathematics should be taught through activities that may include the use of concrete materials, models, patterns, charts, pictures, posters, games, puzzles, and experiments.
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Syllabus 2021-2022: Combined Curriculum for Term 1 & Term 2
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Term 1 Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE Digital Education provides complete information about CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Term 1 Syllabus for the academic session 2021-22. Read the Term 1 Maths syllabus given below carefully and prepare accordingly for your exams. CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021-22 for Term-I Exam are given below:
|VII||Statistics and Probability||3|
CBSE Class 10 Maths Internal Assessment for Term-1 Exam
|Student Enrichment Activities-Practical Work||3|
- REAL NUMBER
Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic – Statement after reviewing the work done earlier and illustrating and motivating through examples. The decimal representation of rational numbers as terminating or non-terminating recurring decimals.
Zeroes of a polynomial – Relationship between zeroes & coefficients of quadratic polynomial only.
- Pair of Linear Equations in Two Variables
The pair of linear equations in two variables and the graphical method of their solutions, consistency or inconsistency. Algebraic conditions for the number of solutions. Solve a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically by substitution & elimination method. Simple situational problem-based questions. Simple problems on equations are reduceable to linear equations.
- COORDINATE GEOMETRY
LINES (In two dimensions)
Review: Basic Concepts of coordinate geometry and graphs of linear equations. Internal division-based problem by using Distance formula and Section formula.
Definitions, examples, counter-examples of similar triangles.
- Prove that: If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other 2 sides at distinct points, then the other 2 sides of the triangle are divided in equal ratio. This statement is called Thales Theorem.
- (Motivate) – When a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, then that line is parallel to the third (3rd) side.
- (Motivate) – If the corresponding angles in two triangles are equal, then their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) – If the corresponding sides of 2 triangles are proportional, then their corresponding angles are equal and the 2 triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) – When one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides joining these angles are proportional, then the two triangles are similar.
- If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of a right angle (900) to the hypotenuse (h) of a right triangle, then the triangles on each side of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle and similar to each other.
- The ratio of the areas of two similar triangles = to the ratio of the squares of their corresponding sides of the triangle.
- (Prove) – In a right triangle, the square on the hypotenuse (h) = to the sum of the squares of the other 2 sides perpendicular and base.
- Prove that: In a triangle, if the square of one side is equal to the sum of the squares of the other 2 sides, then the angle opposite to the 1st side is 900.
- INTRODUCTION TO TRIGONOMETRY
The trigonometric ratio of acute angles of a right-angled triangle. The proof of their existence is the (well-defined) values of the trigonometric ratios of 300, 450, and 600 and the relationships between the ratios.
Proof and applications of the identity sin2A + cos2A = 1. Only simple identity to be given.
- AREAS RELATED TO CIRCLES
Induce the area of a circle; Area of sector and segments of a circle. Problems based on area and perimeter (or circumference) of above plane figures. (When calculating the area of a segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to the central angles of 60° and 90° only.
Plane figures involving triangles, circles, & quadrilaterals should be taken).
UNIT- STATISTICS & PROBABILITY
The basic understanding and definition of probability. Simple problem-based question on finding the probability of an event.
CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Term 2 Syllabus 2021-22
CBSE Digital Education provides complete information about CBSE Class 10 Mathematics Term 2 Syllabus for the academic session 2021-22. Read the Term 2 Maths syllabus given below carefully and prepare accordingly for your exams. CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021-22 for Term-II Exam are given below:
|Statistics and Probability (Cont.)||8|
CBSE Class 10 Maths Internal Assessment for Term-2 Exam
|Student Enrichment Activities-Practical Work||3|
- QUADRATIC EQUATIONS (10 Periods)
The standard form of the quadratic equation is ax2 + bx + c = 0, (a is not equal to 0). Solution of a quadratic equation(real roots only) by factorization method and by using the method of the quadratic formula. The relationship between the differentiator and the nature of the roots. Situation-based problems on quadratic equations related to day-to-day life activities (problems on equations reducible to quadratic equations are excluded).
- Arithmetic Progression
Motivation to study Arithmetic Progression Derivation of nth term and sum of first n terms of Arithmetic Progression (A.P) and their application in solving problems of daily life. (Applications based problems on the sum to n terms of an A.P. are excluded).
Tangent to the circle at the point of contact
- Prove that the tangent at any point of a circle is perpendicular to the radius through the point of contact.
- Prove that tangents drawn from an external point to a circle have equal lengths.
- The division of a line segment internally in the given ratio.
- Tangents from any point outside the circle.
- SOME APPLICATIONS BASED PROBLEMS OF TRIGONOMETRY
Heights and Distances: Problem-based on the angle of elevation and angle of depression. Simple application-based problems on height and distance.
Problems should not involve more than two right-angled triangles. The angle of elevation/depression should be 30°, 45°, 60° only.
- SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUMES
- Surface area and volume of combinations of any two of the following: Cube, Cuboid, Sphere, Hemisphere, and Right circular cylinder/cone.
- Problems in converting one type of metallic solid to another and other mixed problems. (Problems involving the combination of more than two different solids to be taken).
UNIT-STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
The mean, median, and mode of the grouped data (bimodal condition to be avoided). Find Mean by direct method and Assumed mean method only.
MATHEMATICS PRESCRIBED BOOKS FOR CLASS 10
- NCERT Publication Mathematics Book – Textbook for Class 10
- Guidelines for Mathematics Laboratory in Schools, Class 10 – CBSE Publication
- Laboratory Manual – Mathematics, Secondary Stage – NCERT Publication
- Mathematics exemplar problems for class 10, NCERT Publication
CBSE Digital Education Provides Complete Information about CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021-22. Click here to download a PDF of the CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus for Academic session 2021-22.
I hope you Like this article about CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2021-22 for the next Academic Session. Comment below for any query related to the latest CBSE Class 10 Maths syllabus.