CAT Application Form 2022 Complete Detail: The application process for the Common Admission Test (CAT) Exam 2022 for admission to Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) and other participating B-schools all over the country will start on August 3. Information bulletin and other information relevant to aspirants of CAT Exam 2022 have been available on the official website of CAT at iimcat.ac.in.
CAT (Common Admission Test) is a national-level common entrance exam conducted by the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) on a rotational basis. It is a computer-based online entrance exam that is conducted for aspirants seeking admission to various MBA courses in IIMs and non-IIM institutions all over the country. Read the article till the end to get complete information about CAT Registration Form 2022.
CAT Application Form 2022 Highlights
The last date to apply for CAT 2022 is 14th September 2022. The CAT 2022 exam will be held on November 27 for which admit cards will be issued on October 27 at 5 pm. CAT 2022 application fee is ₹1150 for SC, ST, and PWD category students and ₹2300 for all other categories of students.
|CAT Registration Events||Details|
|CAT Registration Started On||3 August 2022|
|CAT Registration End On||14 September 2022|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|CAT Application Fee||INR 2,300 for General/OBC|
INR 1,150 for SC/ST/PwD
|Exam City Option||6|
|CAT Exam Date||27 November 2022|
|Join Telegram Group for Latest Update||Join Now|
What’s New in CAT 2022 Exam?
- CAT exam notification was released online mode a day before the scheduled date. Till last year, the official notification of the CAT2022 exam used to be released on 31st July but this year it was released on 30th July.
- The CAT Application fee for General/EWS/NC-OBC applicants has been hiked from INR 2,200 to INR 2,300. For the SC/ST/PwD applicants, it has been hiked from INR 1,100 to INR 1,150.
- The total number of CAT 2022 exam cities has been reduced from 156 to 150.
- Among the acceptable professional degrees, Fellows of the Institute of Actuaries of India (FIAI) have been added to the CAT eligibility criteria.
How to Complete CAT Registration 2022?
According to the latest official circular, CAT registration is a mandatory process to proceed with the upcoming CAT exam. Before the aspirants start the CAT Online Registration 2022, Applicants must be aware of the below-mentioned things.
- Check the CAT 2022 eligibility criteria to see whether you are eligible for this exam or not.
- Complete your registration before the last date of CAT Registration.
- CAT Aspirants must be sure about their email id and mobile number as all official messages will be sent to the registered email address and mobile number before the completion of the CAT admission process.
- Make sure you have filled out all the detail marked with an asterisk (*). If you do not fill in these fields indicated by this symbol, you will not be able to proceed.
How to Fill CAT Application Form 2022
New Applicant Registration: Generate CAT User ID and Password:
- Applicants can visit the official website of CAT at iimcat.ac.in and click on the Register tab under New Candidate Registration.
- Enter all the details asked in the registration form such as name, email, contact number, date of birth, educational details, and other details.
- After entering all the details then click on submit button.
- Now, enter the OTP and Captcha code then click on the link “I Agree and Submit”.
- Your CAT User ID and Password will be generated and sent to the registered Email ID.
- Save it for future reference.
Fill CAT 2022 Application Form
Aspirants can login using the CAT User ID and Password generated in the previous step to fill the CAT Application Form 2022. The details given below have to be filled in the CAT application form:
|Personal Details||Date of Birth, Category, Gender, Nationality, Details of Parents, Address of correspondence, Contact Number details.|
|Academic Details||Class 10th marks, class 12th marks, graduation and postgraduation scores, professional degree/ course details.|
|Work Experience Details||Although not a mandatory field, you can enter full-time work experience details in this section.|
|IIM Program Preference||Applicants will have to select the IIM Institute, the program they wish to apply for, and the interview city.|
|CAT Exam City Details||Aspirants can select 6 CAT exam cities from the drop-down list based on their timing and travel convenience.|
Scanned Document for CAT Registration 2022
While filling the CAT Application Form 2022, you will also need some scanned documents which are mentioned below:
|Photograph||Recent photograph (not older than 6 months) in .jpg/.jpeg format. The file size must be less than or equal to 80kb.|
|Signature||The signature of the candidate should be done only in black ink on white paper. Size of the image (.jpg/ .jpeg) should not be more than 80kb. The recommended dimension of the signature is 80mm x 35mm.|
|Caste Certificate||Self-attested scanned copy of Candidate’s Category Certificate in PDF format. The maximum file size allowed is 200 kb.|
|PwD Certificate||Download the PWD Certificate from the official CAT website. Fill in the all information, self-attest, and upload as a PDF file of 200 kb or less.|
Documents Required for CAT Registration 2022
Those aspirants appearing for the upcoming CAT exam must be aware of the documents which are required to fill out the CAT 2022 registration form. You must have the following documents with you while filling out the CAT Application Form.
- Class 10 and 12 Marksheet
- Graduation Marksheet and certificate
- Address Proof
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Scribe certificate (if applicable)
- Credit/Debit Card or Net Banking Details for Application Fee Payments
- Work Experience Proof (If applicable)
Pay CAT Registration Fee 2022
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
According to the CAT 2022 latest information bulletin, aspirants with a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks or marks or equivalent CGPA (45% in case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) candidates) can apply for the CAT 2022 exam.
The percentage of marks obtained by the student will be calculated on the basis of the practice adopted by the concerned University/Institute. In the case of Grade/CGPA, the change in percentage of marks will be based on the process certified by the concerned University/Institute.
According to the official said, If any University/Institute confirms that there is no plan to convert CGPA to equivalent marks, then parity will be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
Also Read: CUET PG Exam 2022
Also Read: CLAT Exam 2023
Applicants appearing for the final year of their undergraduate, and who have completed their degree requirements and awaiting results, can also apply for CAT Exam 2022. However, if selected, such students will be allowed to join the program provisionally, if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institute (issued on or before the date fixed by the respective IIM) done) stating that they have fulfilled all the requirements for obtaining a UG degree.
CAT 2022 Application Correction
CAT application 2022 correction facility will be started a few days before the last date of application form submission. Only applicants successfully registered through CAT 2022 registration process will be allowed to use the correction facility. The correction window of CAT 2022 will be opened from the last week of September 2022.
The CAT application correction facility will be provided by the conducting board authority as the last chance to make corrections in the details filled in the application form. Aspirants of CAT 2022 have to fill the application form very carefully as the facility will be applicable only on the selected particulars.
We hope you like this article about CAT Application Form 2022. If you want to ask any queries regarding the CAT Application Form 2022 then message us in the comment section, and we will reply to you soon. Share this article with your Friends, Teachers, and Parents.